Jan 9, 2018

Beasties of Norse Mythology

Over on my other channels where I promote my artwork on Instagram and Facebook I've been posting these fun little explorations of creatures from Norse mythology. I'm creating a little alphabet book, the style is a tad more whimsical than I normally draw. I'm also experimenting with a coloring method that is similar to how the Hellboy comics are colored, with my own style added to it.

I haven't written up any gaming stats for them, but I'm considering it. Just takes time and I'm already spinning a lot of plates right now.

A is for Aptrgangr. The 'again-walker' also known as druagr are viking undead, who may have come back for vengeance, or to fulfill a pledge, or if he is a son who has disappointed his father.


B is for Brunnmigi. In Norse mythology, a troll like being who defiles wells. It is also a kenning applied to foxes.


C is for Changeling. A changeling is a fairy child left in place of a human child stolen by the fairies.


You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram if you want to see more stuff like this of my art that is not directly OSR related.

No comments:

Post a Comment