Jun 3, 2021

Gamma World 1st Edition Bundle

Next to the Moldvay red box set and the original AD&D hardcovers few other old RPG's hold the same special nostalgia as Gamma World. This was one that when I first saw it I immediately had to get it, but I missed out on 1st edition. Fortunately the 2nd edition is just as good, possibly better and the summer I got that set my friends and I played the heck out of it. 

Even though I have since found a copy of the 1st edition, I like to also have copies in PDF format. And Wizards just put this bundle on sale for a good price. I don't know how long it will last, but I wasted no time in getting and downloading it. The scans are clean and well presented, so I'm happy with the purchase.

The bundle includes the original boxed set, the Referee's Screen, GW1: Legion of Gold (not only one of the best GW adventures, but ranks high in all adventures), GW2 Famine in Far-Go, and GW3 The Cleansing War of Garik Blackhand. That's enough Gamma World adventures for months worth of campaigning.

From the description:

Can you survive in a world gone mad? A world where civilization as we know it has been destroyed in a cataclysmic holocaust? What is left in this world? Find out and encounter such bizarre things as mutated plants and animals more terrible than you can imagine, radiation wastelands that stretch as far as the eye can see, and fearless machines gone uncontrollably berserk . . .

This is the setting for a GAMMA WORLD™ campaign, with players taking on the persona of an individual character somewhere in this forbidding locale. In a quest for survival and in search of a better future, the players adventure across the land, enduring hardships and encountering dangerous obstacles and mysterious foes - never knowing quite what to expect. The result is a game which can go in many directions, but which will be challenging and fascinating no matter what the outcome.

The GAMMA WORLD™ Set includes all the basics needed to set up your own "world": game booklet (packed with terrible mutants, as well as guidelines for creating additional ones of your own), a large campaign map (designed to be easily modified by individual gamemasters), and a full set of polyhedra dice. The only other things necessary are a good imagination and a spirit of adventure! The GAMMA WORLD™ rules are also suitable for use with the ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS™ rules.

 


https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/359504/Gamma-World-1e-BUNDLE


3 comments:

  1. Would love to see your version/vision of Gamma World, in the style of your other releases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two ideas, one leans towards The Road Warrior, the other towards Thundarr the Barbarian meets Sergio Leone (if that makes any sense), both are steeped in my love for GW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Would live to see them both, but if I could only choose one, I'd go with the Thundarr meets Sergio Leone version! I hope you pursue this endeavor.

    ReplyDelete