Atk: 1 weapon (1d6)
Special: paralyze, immune to sleep & charm, ward
An indentured guardian is a guard posted to protect an entrance who was enchanted to be ever vigilant even beyond death.
Their attack can cause paralyzation if the victim fails a saving throw. Paralyzation lasts 2-7 rounds (1d6+1). A guardian will not attack a paralyzed character.
If the object of its protection is breached the indentured guardian will crumble to dust in a howling, screaching, terrifying collapse as it has failed in its duty. Sometimes (1 in 6 chance) ancient wards are placed on the entrance to be triggered by the howls of a guardian.
Wards (roll 1d6)
- Poisonous gas fills the area all within 20’ radius Save or die.
- Fiery blast incinerates; all within 5’ radius take 3d6 damage, within 10’ radius take 2d6 damage, within 20’ radius take 1d6 damage. Save for half.
- Electric bolts zap, all within 20’ radius take 2d6 damage. Save for half.
- Acid floods the ground, Dex check or take 2d6 damage and footwear is ruined.
- Sonic attack, all within 20’ radius take 2d6 damage and blood discharges from eyes, ears, and nose. Save for half.
- Disenchantment aura, 1 magic item chosen randomly loses its enchantment. Spells cannot be cast in the immediate area for 1-6 hours.