Jul 29, 2022

Warriors of the Red Planet Review

 The RPG Pundit has reviewed Warriors of the Red Planet. Overall a positive review, but he does really go off on the Scientist class and their gadgets. Which is one of my favorite things about the game book! One man's junk is another's treasure, and all.


To justify gadgets getting better as the Scientist levels up imagine that he improves its functionality as his understanding of science increases. Anyways, I don't think the weird science gadgets are out of place mechanically or thematically in this game at all.

If the RPG Pundit doesn't like the Scientist, he's going to really hate what I did with the Engineer class in Gunslinger where I doubled down on the gadgets concept. And I think it came out pretty good. You can be the judge once it's released.

If you love the Sword & Planet genre you might also like World of the Last Sun, while not exactly a S&P RPG it is written and designed in the same spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment