Jun 8, 2023

Kublacon 2023 After Action Report

Another fun Kublacon is in the history books now. 

This convention takes place in Burlingame, CA. Just south of San Francisco. It is a mid-sized convention, I don't recall the exact numbers but it was around 3800 attendees, very nearly what it was before the Covid lockdowns. It has always been a very good convention for the Night Owl Workshop booth, as well as my own Studio Denmark art shop.

This year NOW had a few new products: Beasties Loathsome Horrors (their first full color book), Ruins of Koris Nesh adventure for WotRP, A Midsummer Night's Dream adventure for old school D&D, and Treasure Island adventure for Freebooters. Along with a few other small miscellaneous items like bookmark dungeons and handcrafted "woodgrain box" editions of some of NOW's games.

This year I didn't get to do much gaming, and there were no real standout items at the show that I noticed, except maybe the fold-out dungeon in a box by Tenfold Dungeon. But they were sold out by the time I saw people walking around with them.

And of course I did buy some dice at the Chessex booth. No matter how many dice I have I just can't resist.

 



Next year I have to make it a point to play games! That is what these conventions are for after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment