Shrine of Odolric the Cruel
Deep in the jungle a lost shrine to a forgotten goddess bodes ill will.
A bookmark adventure for 2-5 players of 4th-6th level.
- The entrance is covered in detailed sculptures of snakes. Staring at them too long they seem to writhe.
- Three columns each in the form of a naga. They have 6 jeweled eyes worth 50gp each.
- The ceiling has partially collapsed. To the left the passage is completely blocked. There is a 50% chance some rubble will fall when exiting causing 1d6 points of damage.
- A Bone Naga lurks here. She is a guardian who will attack any trespassers.
- Chimes hang from the ceiling covering the entryway here, they are easily passed through, but will be noisy.
- Four small worship chambers are here. Searching each of them can uncover up to 200 gp, but will alert the Yuan-Ti in room 7.
- 2d4 Yuan-Ti are worshiping a demonic statue of Odolric the goddess of cruelty. She is in fact a Marilith demon. Reading the inscriptions on the statue will open a secret space with a bejeweled +3 dagger, and summon her within 1d6 rounds, she is not pleased.